VIEWSONIC VX2255WMB BLACK 22" WIDESCREEN

J0llYxx

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2007
I have a question concerning the VIEWSONIC VX2255WMB BLACK 22" WIDESCREEN with built in webcam. I have installed the CD provided for the webcam but I can not work with the webcam. Whenever I try to open the program, it says to turn ON the camera. I have no idea how to turn that on. PLEASE help me !

alphie

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I think this mean the webcam driver isn't installed. If you look in the devices window I think you'll see it listed with a "!" Installing the webcam utility does not seem to install any drivers - I imagine you must do this yourself.

I have just bought the same monitor but didn't get the drivers disk with it. Annoyingly the webcam drivers are not on the Viewsonic website and I'm not having much luck with their support desk. The webcam utility is there, but that doesn't include the drivers.

Does anybody here have a copy of the driver they could post or email me?

Thanks,

Alphie

saki

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008

Hi

I had the same problem (w/ the 'turn on the camera' error popping up) awhile ago but my webcam is working now.

Aside from installing the Viewsonic driver and the camera utility program you have to close your PC and monitor first- then plug in the video cable that came with the VX2255wm monitor. It's the smaller one with the squarish tip. As of now, I have 4 cables attached to my LCD: 1) The cable connecting the monitor to the main power outlet, 2) The cable connecting the monitor to the CPU, 3) The cable for the sounds and 4) and the video cable.

Once video cable is connected, turn on the PC again and try taking a snap. It should work na... :)

Hope this helps. I guess the video cable is kind of easy to overlook since it's small...and the manual should probably emphasize the need to connect this for the camera to work. Even the user guide should.

stu_rutkin

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Hi. Saki is correct, but here's how I would describe the cables:

1- the power cord (not "cable") connecting the electrical outlet to the monitor
2- the monitor cable (either DVI or VGA) connecting the monitor to the computer
3- the audio cables (one cable breaking down to two) for the microphone and the speakers with a USB cable connected to the computer
4- the USB A-B (male rectangular cable connector to the computer and the somewhat square male cable connected to the back of the monitor) -- slightly hard to see

That #4 is the one that "turns the web camera on", in essence.

wannabeskyper

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Thanks for the very clear answer. Any chance you could post a picture of these two cables? I've had my monitor for 2-3 years and am only now interesting in getting the web cam going. I'll have to hunt around for the cables you are talking about. It would be great to know what I am looking for!

Thanks for any help that you can provide~

Kind regards~

walrus94

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012

I have the same monitor but never get its microphone worked. I have a question about audio cables.

How many cables do we need in order to get microphone to work? I have only one (break down to two for microphone and speakers) cable connected. Should there be another USB cable added?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!