Question Viewsonic VX23200 Display Issue ?

May 21, 2022
Interlace issue on one side of the screen. One side is displaying alternate scan lines differently (bright/dark) ?

In doing some detailed photo editing lately I noticed my eyes were getting very tired. I looked carefully at my display and using a magnifying glass was able to see that on the left half of the screen, the horizontal scan lines alternated light/darker. On the other side of the screen the scan lines were all the same line to line. I tried the same computer with another monitor - and it looks fine. If I drag icons from the left side of the screen to the right side, on the left they look granular (as does the text under them) on the right side they're clear and the text is clear.

The alternating scan lines are also causing a slight color change toward red/blue on that side (left) of the screen (I'm editing black and white scanned film so it's noticeable.)

And ideas? It's being driven by a built in graphics on a Dell Optiplex 7050, which uses the Intel HD Graphics 630 chipset. I tried installing the monitor driver from Viewsonic - no change. I'm running it at max res: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz. I tried different resolutions and different refresh speeds, no difference. It's connected via HDMI from the computer video port to DVI-D on the monitor. I used the same connection on the test I did with the other computer.

Any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS