Question viewsonic VX2458 vs Dell S2419HGF

May 10, 2019
Hi all

I am trying to decide between these two displays at the moment, as both available at the same discounted price in my region.

My rig is an i5 8600k, GTX 1660Ti with 16gb ram.

It's a little tough to find any reviews on the ViewSonic apart from some Amazon reviews, mostly good.
The Dell I have read very differing opinions and a few cons on the display which is making me wary.

I thought I would reach out and ask people who know a lot more than me on displays for some input.

Thank you kindly.

Ross

TN is the oldest and has the fastest response times but probably looks the worse.

VA is newer and is sorta middle ground with slower repsonse time but an over all better picture quality then TN but still not as nice as a IPS

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1890-panel-comparison-tn-ips-pls-va-crt

Honestly I wouldn't get either, I would look for a 1440P monitor, your card can handle it. Viotek makes very affordable good monitors that use Samsung VA panels, I have the Viotek GN27DB and am very pleased with the quality for the price, it even handles Freesync rather well with only minor flickering in some game menus.

May 10, 2019
TN is the oldest and has the fastest response times but probably looks the worse.

VA is newer and is sorta middle ground with slower repsonse time but an over all better picture quality then TN but still not as nice as a IPS

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1890-panel-comparison-tn-ips-pls-va-crt

Honestly I wouldn't get either, I would look for a 1440P monitor, your card can handle it. Viotek makes very affordable good monitors that use Samsung VA panels, I have the Viotek GN27DB and am very pleased with the quality for the price, it even handles Freesync rather well with only minor flickering in some game menus.
Thanks man, good info. So 1440p monitor can handle higher resolution, is that the gist of it? How does that differ from these other two monitors in question. I've never really understood the whole 1440p thing if I'm honest.

I have seen good things about Viotek but seem impossible to get here in South Africa, without paying massive shipping.

The Viewsonic is selling here for the equivalent of around 220$, which is just about the absolute cheapest you can find a 144hz monitor here in South Africa.

Cheers for the help.

May 10, 2019
1440P is just a higher resolution and until I made the switch I never thought I would notice it and was happy with 1080, but trust me 1080 looks like an old TV next to a HD TV when they first came out.
Ok I see, interesting. And how do I know a monitor is 1440p? Does it me to state or can run 2560 x 1440, is that what I'm looking for?

Cheers

May 10, 2019
Thanks for all the info. I think I'll save and try find a 144Hz 1440p monitor then.
The only one I can find in SA at the moment for a decent price is the MECER XTREME 27″ M2A1R FREE SYNC BLACK GAMING MONITOR.

Seems decent. 3.5ms response time good enough?

Cheers