Viewsonic VX2703MH-LED monitor - blank screen

rodbetts

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
I've had the captioned monitor for several years and it has worked great. A few days ago when I turned it on it came up as it should. After using it for awhile I turned it off, then realized I'd not done some computing I'd intended to do. I turned it back on after just a few seconds (10 or 15) and it came up with a dim, almost unreadable screen. I couldn't get it to change so I turned it off and rebooted. With this reboot, the screen was blank and has remained so ever since.

The computer/video card seems to be fine as a different monitor boots up properly. I read online that a bad capacitor is a common problem so I disassembled the monitor (it's still disassembled) but I can find no physical evidence that a capacitor is bad. Physically, they look like new.

I'd like not to discard this monitor as it has a great image so I thought I'd seek some advice before I trashed it.

Any useful comments would be appreciated.

Rod

Solution
Never mind - Since I didn't get a response to this inquiry, I decided to wiggle a few connections and reassemble the monitor before I trashed it. Darned if it didn't come right up. Not sure why but it's working and that's all the matters.

Rod

rodbetts

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
Never mind - Since I didn't get a response to this inquiry, I decided to wiggle a few connections and reassemble the monitor before I trashed it. Darned if it didn't come right up. Not sure why but it's working and that's all the matters.

Rod

Solution