[SOLVED] Viewsonic XG2402 or LG 24GM79G-B?

szehn

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I wanna buy a 144hz 1ms monitor, So im interested of this two, but i don't know which is better, the LG one has motion blur reduction and the Viewsonic doesn't but i don't know if it's useful, also i want to know which one should have better colors?

Solution
The problem is that i want the fastest monitor and the lowest response time possible because i play competitive games, so i don't know that to do

If you want the fastest the TN will definitely be up to your standards but it's nothing you can't get from a better quality VA panel nowadays.
This monitor is a better substitute in my opinion:
https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...1Wk2rbG3urjNwxqDbkxoCGp0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a VA and cheaper but has the same response rate of 1ms and in terms of color quality - much better.

I'd recommend looking for something like...
They're both gonna perform pretty much the same. The exception being LG has a 1ms slower response rate so you could actually see a little more blurring but nothing that noticeable. Any who as for picture color you're probably gonna be disappointed in both choices as they BOTH have TN panel type. TN's have bad color ranges, viewing angles, etc. Their only benefits are the refresh rates but with you going for 1080p 144Hz you're not really getting your money's worth.

Try going for a 1080p 144Hz VA panel. The colors and viewing angles are better than a TN. VA panels are the middle ground from TN to IPS and are known as the common gaming monitor panel.

szehn

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
They're both gonna perform pretty much the same. The exception being LG has a 1ms slower response rate so you could actually see a little more blurring but nothing that noticeable. Any who as for picture color you're probably gonna be disappointed in both choices as they BOTH have TN panel type. TN's have bad color ranges, viewing angles, etc. Their only benefits are the refresh rates but with you going for 1080p 144Hz you're not really getting your money's worth.

Try going for a 1080p 144Hz VA panel. The colors and viewing angles are better than a TN. VA panels are the middle ground from TN to IPS and are known as the common gaming monitor panel.
The problem is that i want the fastest monitor and the lowest response time possible because i play competitive games, so i don't know that to do

If you want the fastest the TN will definitely be up to your standards but it's nothing you can't get from a better quality VA panel nowadays.
This monitor is a better substitute in my opinion:
https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...1Wk2rbG3urjNwxqDbkxoCGp0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's a VA and cheaper but has the same response rate of 1ms and in terms of color quality - much better.

I'd recommend looking for something like this.

If you're not that sure about monitor types and what you need, here's a good read to make the best decision for your money:
https://www.wepc.com/tips/tn-ips-va-gaming/

Solution
Last edited: