Question Viglen DQ57TM intel motherboard

Sep 8, 2021
Hi all

This motheboard is coupled with an i7 860 2.8

Everything was fine up until a couple of months ago, when it started not booting up and hang in a windows 10 reset / repair cycle.

I have re-installed windows (non UEFI) to test and it is now booting fine BUT ... if you shut down and power up again, it does not find the HDD no matter how many seconds wait you change the bios to. The messages for Bios and boot menu do not show up either. You have to restart it and then it begins to work normally. Until you shut it down again that is.

Also once so far it has crushed while playing a game to test if it can and did the same thing.

There are some messages at the post about mismatch (?) or something but too fast for me to read.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Please don't ask me to update the bios, the mobo is legacy and there are no more bios updates or drivers at the intel site. They have been removed.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to the rest of your build like so:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

As for the PSU, how old is the unit? Are you working with different sticks of ram or does the time on teh BIOS seem off? Speaking BIOS, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely?

Please don't ask me to update the bios, the mobo is legacy and there are no more bios updates or drivers at the intel site. They have been removed.
Perhaps you didn't know but Windows 10 relies heavily on BIOS meaning if there is something off with the OS, the system will act weird and if there's something off in the BIOS, the OS will also behave odd. This is one of the reasons why every person on Windows 10 is advised to see if they have any BIOS updates pending. In your instance you're trying to make and OS that's not officially supported by said OS onto the motherboard, which can and will result in anomalies.

Now from what I'm reading, it might be that the storage on your prebuilt might be failing or that the PSU is incapable of delivering power to all components.

Sep 8, 2021
Hello

Thanks for the reply

OK:
Ram: 16GB (4x4GB) Samsung PC3-12800 DDR3
SSD/HDD: Kingston 128GB SA400S37120G SATA -brand new, old HDD not used anymore.
GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB
PSU: Generic ATX 400w

the time in the bios doesn't seem off. I can stay in the bios indefinitely as far as I can tell. The SSD is brand new out of the box. The PSU is old. More than 4 years old and it is a generic 400w ATX. Nothing specific. There are no BIOS updates available for this board unfortunately. The board is from Viglen but I have used it in a non viglen build.

TRENDING THREADS