Villain Campaign (Help!)

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

With one fronting the money, one planning the ops, and two providing
the muscle, four villains have undertaken steps to begin to dominate
first the criminal elements in the United States and then perhaps the
very structure of the government itself.

Their first op will be a hit on a Las Vegas mob boss (2nd ranked in
the city). I'm not sure where they're going from there.

But I'm unsure of how to handle this sort of campaign; everything else
I've run has been heroes, most of whom are content to sit back and
then react to villains doing villainous things. This is a group of
villains who will (at first, at least) have to be proactive, forcing
me more into a reactive role.

I will have to operate much more on the fly than I'm used to.

Does anyone have any suggestions or resources that might help me in
running this upcoming campaign that I'm facing? I've already arranged
with the "planner" PC to RP most of the planning stages via email,
outside of contact with the group, which gives me more opportunity to
set up the encounters, but is there something else I could do to be
more prepared as well?

Thank you for your (future) assistance.
-- pseudosoldier

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

Try hitting this Google search
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-06,GGLD:en&q=superhero+roleplay+criminals+villains

You should find what you're looking for from one of the many websites it
pulls up.

"pseudosoldier" <pseudosoldier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> With one fronting the money, one planning the ops, and two providing
> the muscle, four villains have undertaken steps to begin to dominate
> first the criminal elements in the United States and then perhaps the
> very structure of the government itself.
>
> Their first op will be a hit on a Las Vegas mob boss (2nd ranked in
> the city). I'm not sure where they're going from there.
>
> But I'm unsure of how to handle this sort of campaign; everything else
> I've run has been heroes, most of whom are content to sit back and
> then react to villains doing villainous things. This is a group of
> villains who will (at first, at least) have to be proactive, forcing
> me more into a reactive role.
>
> I will have to operate much more on the fly than I'm used to.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or resources that might help me in
> running this upcoming campaign that I'm facing? I've already arranged
> with the "planner" PC to RP most of the planning stages via email,
> outside of contact with the group, which gives me more opportunity to
> set up the encounters, but is there something else I could do to be
> more prepared as well?
>
> Thank you for your (future) assistance.
> -- pseudosoldier

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?)

"pseudosoldier" <pseudosoldier@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> With one fronting the money, one planning the ops, and two providing
> the muscle, four villains have undertaken steps to begin to dominate
> first the criminal elements in the United States and then perhaps the
> very structure of the government itself.
>
> Their first op will be a hit on a Las Vegas mob boss (2nd ranked in
> the city). I'm not sure where they're going from there.
>
> But I'm unsure of how to handle this sort of campaign; everything else
> I've run has been heroes, most of whom are content to sit back and
> then react to villains doing villainous things. This is a group of
> villains who will (at first, at least) have to be proactive, forcing
> me more into a reactive role.
>
> I will have to operate much more on the fly than I'm used to.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or resources that might help me in
> running this upcoming campaign that I'm facing? I've already arranged
> with the "planner" PC to RP most of the planning stages via email,
> outside of contact with the group, which gives me more opportunity to
> set up the encounters, but is there something else I could do to be
> more prepared as well?
>
> Thank you for your (future) assistance.
> -- pseudosoldier

If they act like four color villains use superheroes to go after them. If
they act like dark champions villains they will attract the Blue Moon Killer
and other vigilantes.