Virtual Desktop

Hello All,
I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual Desktop."
The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From searching
through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual Desktop
Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?

RJJ

Problem Solved.

RJJ

"RJJ" wrote:

> Hello All,
> I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual Desktop."
> The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From searching
> through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual Desktop
> Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?
>
> RJJ

How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!

"RJJ" wrote:

> Problem Solved.
>
> RJJ
>
> "RJJ" wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> > I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual Desktop."
> > The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From searching
> > through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual Desktop
> > Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?
> >
> > RJJ

Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on "Desktop
Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in %Systemroot%\help

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!
>
> "RJJ" wrote:
>
>> Problem Solved.
>>
>> RJJ
>>
>> "RJJ" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello All,
>> > I've downloaded and installed the Windows Powertoy for "Virtual
>> > Desktop."
>> > The problem is now what? I have no icon or menu to set it up. From
>> > searching
>> > through the user group group it seems that I should have Virtual
>> > Desktop
>> > Manager and yet even with a search, I can't find it. Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > RJJ

How to move window from one virtual desktop to another?
CTRL+WIN+1/2/3/4 didn't work :(

> Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on
> "Desktop Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in
> %Systemroot%\help
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!
>>
>> "RJJ" wrote:
>>
>>> Problem Solved.
>>>
>>> RJJ

Thanks for the help!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Right-click the Taskbar, select Toolbars, and put a checkmark on "Desktop
> Manager". The help file is "vdm.chm" located in %Systemroot%\help
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How'd you fix it? I've got this same exact problem!
> >
> > "RJJ" wrote:
> >
> >> Problem Solved.
> >>
> >> RJJ

From %Systemroot%\System32\VDM.CHM help file, see topic "Switch between
desktops"

Switch between desktops

Click the Quick Switch button on the taskbar for the desktop that you want
to open.
-or-
Press the shortcut key that you set for the desktop that you want to open.
For example, click or press Winkey+2 to open desktop number 2.
Note
You can modify the shortcut keys that you use to open each desktop or
Preview mode. Right-click any of the five VDM buttons on the taskbar, and
then click Configure Shortcut Keys to make your changes.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User