Virtual Device Driver

plugandplay

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
I have a program/application on my PC (with Vista) that has been running fine for the past 6+ years, age of this PC.

When I try to open the program I get:

| "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers, VDD. Virtual
| Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to
| terminate the application."

I followed a microsoft solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254914, however it is for Windows 2000. I was able to follow the solution up to "Locate and click the following value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control " but do not see , \VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD (not sure what the double \\ means)

plugandplay

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013

It's called Professional Real Estate

plugandplay

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013

There is no link :-( The company has disappeared, the program/software is called Professional Real Estate and is from 2001, we've been using the software since at least 2001, I last installed it on this PC, it was a new installation, back in 2007, and the company was around then. The parent company was called 'Realty Assist', that was who we had to register the program with every time we installed it on a new PC, if they were around I would of just contacted them.

I was hoping there would be a solution to the Virtual Device Driver problem in the Registry, an easy way for people who know that kind of stuff ... not easy for me.

Thanks

Mike