Question Virtual Surround Sound not Working in Windows 10

Jul 16, 2021
I have been trying to get either windows sonic or my free trial of dolby atmos to allow me to have virtual surround sound through my headphones. I downloaded a 5.1 channel audio test and confirmed in my video editor that it does have six channels and that the cues for each are separated appropriately. Yet when I play it in VLC the cue for the front and surround speakers sound exactly the same. It only plays in stereo. I have tried this through my TV's headphone jack and through my sound card directly. I have checked the drivers for both and they seem to be up to date. I have also tried adjusting the sample rate settings, but my TV does not go beyond 48000 hz and my sound card has the sample rate settings greyed out. Could someone please help me figure out what is going on here?

Jul 14, 2021
Method - 1

1. Press Windows key + R and type “mmsys.cpl”. Hit Enter to open the Sound dialog box
  2. Go to the Playback tab, select your 5.1 surround speakers and click on Properties
  3. In Speaker Properties, go to the Enhancement tab and uncheck the box next to Disable all sound effects. Then, Scroll down to the menu below and check the box next to Speaker Fill. Hit Apply to save your configuration
  4. Reboot your device and see whether you can hear sound from your rear speakers. If you have the same issue, move over to the next method.

Method - 2 .
  1. Press Windows key + R and type “mmsys.cpl”. Hit Enter to open the Sound dialog box
  2. Go to the Playback tab, select your 5.1 surround speakers and click on Properties
  3. Next, go to the Advanced tab and use the drop-down menu below Default Format to change the audio format to 24 bit, 96000 Hz (Studio Quality). Hit Apply to save your modifications.
  4. Reboot your system and see whether 5.1 channel surround is now working. If nothing changed for the better, move to the next method.

Method - 3
  1. Hold the Windows Key and Press X and choose Device Manager
  2. Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to show the sub-items. Right-click on the installed devices one by one, and click Uninstall. Click OK in the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog.
  3. After uninstalling the old device drivers, click on Scan for hardware changes from the Action tab

TIP: If none of the Methods have resolved the issue for you, we recommend using Restoro Repair Tool which can scan the repositories to replace corrupt and missing files. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. Restoro will also optimize your system for maximum performance. You can download Restoro by Clicking Here

Jul 16, 2021
1. I do not see the speaker fill option when I disable enhancements. I do not have a 5.1 surround sound system. I am trying to use virtual surround sound on my headphones.

2. As I said, I cannot change my sound card of my TV output to 24 bit, 96000 Hz.

3. I tried this method of uninstalling and reinstalling and it did not fix the issue.

I would prefer not to pay for the Restoro Repair Tool if possible, especially since I am not confident that it will solve my issue. Is there any other solution for virtual surround sound specifically?

D

Deleted member 14196

Whatever you do do not use third-party tools they’re all super garbage and they’re more likely to break windows than anything else

Jul 14, 2021
1. I do not see the speaker fill option when I disable enhancements. I do not have a 5.1 surround sound system. I am trying to use virtual surround sound on my headphones.

2. As I said, I cannot change my sound card of my TV output to 24 bit, 96000 Hz.

3. I tried this method of uninstalling and reinstalling and it did not fix the issue.

I would prefer not to pay for the Restoro Repair Tool if possible, especially since I am not confident that it will solve my issue. Is there any other solution for virtual surround sound specifically?
not that i know of sorry