Question Virtualization for toshiba satellite laptop c50d-b-15d

tombikadam

Reputable
May 7, 2019
I directly opened setup to enable virtualization but there is NO OPTION! then I opened speccy and it says that virtualization is supported but disabled. What the heck!

tombikadam

Reputable
May 7, 2019
I wrote a question to the technical support but I worked my ass off to solve, maybe the OS is the problem, I use windows home edition and will install pro, lets see what happens then

I doubt changing the OS would make any difference to the BIOS options. Many laptops typically have a very limited (ie cut-down) BIOS to minimize the risk of the user changing something critical and then expecting the manufacturer to fix it under warranty. Seems to me that Toshiba has removed the ability to enable what you want to do.

tombikadam

Reputable
May 7, 2019
I doubt changing the OS would make any difference to the BIOS options. Many laptops typically have a very limited (ie cut-down) BIOS to minimize the risk of the user changing something critical and then expecting the manufacturer to fix it under warranty. Seems to me that Toshiba has removed the ability to enable what you want to do.

good comment, because of the Toshiba retards right now, I can't build my virtual lab. I can't install Hyper-V.