Virus affecting ram limit for game?

Aug 5, 2013
Hi there have been working through setting up a games server with a mate, finally got his side to work only for it to crash as he tried to enter the game, so I said he needs to change settings for games RAM allowance.
If he sets it anymore than 1Gb the game refuses to run and puts up a error code (“error occurred during initialization of vm”)
I had the same problem so I knew it was related to ram and allowance vs what system was using.
Could a virus which he says he has be using ram as task manager says round 4gb used of his 16gb installed
Thanks.

Solution
Is his OS 32bit or 64bit. If it's 32b it will only show 4gb even though 16gb is physically installed. He will need to install the 64bit version to use the full 16gb allocation.

Also, if he has a virus, I would re-consider connecting anything to his computer. Get that sorted first before doing anything else.

Is his OS 32bit or 64bit. If it's 32b it will only show 4gb even though 16gb is physically installed. He will need to install the 64bit version to use the full 16gb allocation.

Also, if he has a virus, I would re-consider connecting anything to his computer. Get that sorted first before doing anything else.

Solution