Virus in Web Browser Help!!

tjmullen14

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2015
When it comes to viruses I can normally rid them pretty easily, but this one has proved to be a bit more difficult. When I click on something in a web browser it opens whatever I wanted to look at in a new window and the virus takes me to a random sketchy internet site on the original window. I tried removing it through a full windows defender scan and I also restarted my PC in safe mode with command prompt and ran a malware removing program. Both of these methods removed viruses and I thought my problem was solved, but the issue remains. Anyone got a good suggestion on what I should do next?
PS-I noticed this virus occurring when I downloaded Ad block. Also, my web browser is Google Chrome

Solution
Sounds like your browser has been hyjacked tjmullen14 and some Malware can hide itself then reinstall again when removed.
Remove the ADblock program you just installed then reset your Browser. Select "Tools," then "Extensions" from the Chrome menu -- or reset the browser.
Some persistent Malware requires a complete browser re-install.

Also some Malware programs do not pick up latest Trojans or Malware.
I use Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy which have regular updates. I use Malwarebytes monitoring live. Its best to catch them before they infect as browser hyjacking is becoming more prevalent these days.
Sounds like your browser has been hyjacked tjmullen14 and some Malware can hide itself then reinstall again when removed.
Remove the ADblock program you just installed then reset your Browser. Select "Tools," then "Extensions" from the Chrome menu -- or reset the browser.
Some persistent Malware requires a complete browser re-install.

Also some Malware programs do not pick up latest Trojans or Malware.
I use Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy which have regular updates. I use Malwarebytes monitoring live. Its best to catch them before they infect as browser hyjacking is becoming more prevalent these days.

Solution

Seankay

Respectable
Jul 20, 2016
You should remove the extension you downloaded and then remove Chrome completely from your system. Then do a system restore (if it is easily possible for you) or run a scan once again. Now after restarting and kicking out all the viruses, download chrome from official site and see if it persists!

TRENDING THREADS