Virus Keeps Downloading Programs! HELP

Ianb262

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
My computer has a very awful virus that came in on an unknown program! It keeps installing software (without authorization!) Is there a way to remove it without paying hundreds of dollars?! The software is junk like: Browser Add-Ons, SpaceSound, FakeWebcam, Browser pop-ups, and malware! It seems like it will just fll my HardDrive to its max capacity and crash my computer :(
Please Help! :,(

Ianb262

Reputable
Jul 25, 2015
My computer is NOT accessible now, it has changed Google Chrome into a fake version and is trying to collect passwords! I might have to take it to a repair shop :(. Thanks for your help though :/

AnUnusedUsername

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
The simplest solution would be to just reinstall Windows. Your PC probably came with a windows disk, if not, I believe you can download the USB installer from Microsoft's website if you have a valid product key.

Really, that's the only way to be sure you're rid of a virus. Antivirus programs are reasonably good at detecting a virus in something you download or try to install, but they aren't great at removing one once it's there, and doing it by hand is.. a pain, at best, impossible in many cases. You can copy files off of the hard drive first if there's anything you need to keep, but be sure to scan them with a good antivirus program before copying them back to the PC after you reformat it.