Virus/new hardware/ or network problem?

VaticanCity

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
hey guys I wanted to start off saying thanks for any reply and iom sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. I'm not the most knowledgeable on pc's anymore and am not sure what is going on.

1. I bought a MSI 1080 t.i. 11gb to replace my GTX 770
2. everything was running fine for 5 or six days (of playing tom Clancy: Wildlands, Mad MAX, Insurgency on all max settings. (gpu idel temp:30-34C under load: max usually around 70C)
3. started noticing when i minimize some games the freeze and shutdown
4. also upon startup which loads fast (16seconds according to avira) some programs like Steam, and discord specifally take up to a min to start/launch now.
5. upon starting i open task manager and it start with 72 proccesses and slowly after a min or two load up to a total of 90 something and then end up back at 86 where it stays.
6. CPU usage on idle has also gone up with WMI PROVIDER HOST using a constant 6-13 cpu usage. ive tried but cannot make that go away,
7. ive also notcied on some online games specically (war thunder and Insurgency i get random screen lag all the sudden like my ping is really high but in reality my ping was around 30-45ms...
8. its almost like a have a virus but at the same time some thing are running fine. i hope i explained things ok haha. if more info is needed (im sure there will be) feel free to message me or W/e and ill get back to you asap. Thanks for help guys!

VaticanCity

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
hey thanks for the reply. I'll dL that right now and check if it comes up with anything. I did do an Avira (free version, not sure if it scanned for rootkits or not) scan and it came back with 5 quarantined items called something like TR/Black.Gen2 and I went ahead and deleted those items (couldn't find a straight answer) restarted and regained like 1-2 cpu. right now im scanning in safe mode+network to see if it comes up with anything. so far all i see are two warnings... this thing has been going for 4 1/2hours and its only at 35% done.....last night in reg boot i scanned and it took maybe 30mins ? anyway ill keep you posted.

VaticanCity

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
malwarebytes finshed with rootkits turned on and it came back with nothing. The avira scan only came back with two warnings: D:\Games\World_of_Warships\res\spaces\Dock\CDLOD.cdata
[WARNING] Possible archive bomb: the maximum compression ratio has been exceeded.
D:\Games\World_of_Warships\res\spaces\dock_prem\CDLOD.cdata
[WARNING] Possible archive bomb: the maximum compression ratio has been exceeded.

Both scans were done in safe mode+network.