• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Virus or glitch?

Doctor Funk

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I was browsing a safe forum when I click the 'next page' button. Chrome gives me a message saying this type of file may damage your computer. Pages where not loading properly either. I was worried so I tried to run a virus scan. I clicked the shortcut on my desktop and all it did was open the preferences for the file. As far as I know nothing was downloaded to my computer. I restarted and everything ran fine. I ran a scan using MBAM and MSE and they both came out clean. Do I have some sort of malware or is it just an error?

EDIT: At the time I was downloading a large file off of steam, in case that has something to do with it. I haven't had any further problems so far.

Doctor Funk

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I already did a full scan using Malwarebytes and Microsoft security essentials and they both came up clean.