jyoti1313

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
i have intel p4 pc.i formatted it.when i connect broadband IE works fine for the first time but then IE got corrputed.i format all drive and install a fresh xp.after it i installed LAN CARD DRIVER from a cd.But again IE worked only one time then again corrupted.Now i tried to install avast ,avira,avg ,kasperasy but none of them got installed.There is no data in my xp.plz tell How to overcome this ?

thegame8019

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Can you give us a little more info on your specs. For example,what Service pack, version of IE etc, just saying you have a P4 with IE corrupted and antivirus not installing does not help much we need to know versions etc to know what you need to do.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Doubt is's a virus related issue if you have completed a fresh install recently, however it's better to be safe than sorry, this will help you remove all the baddies:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248626-45-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

Now... I would say that this is a driver related issue... could even be proxy, or Dns related... you have installed a lan card driver and now it doesn't work... Uninstall that as it could cause more issues down the track. Check if you have lost the internet connection as a whole of if it's just your browser..
>Click start
>Run
>Type cmd into the "Run" window/Press enter
>In the Cmd window type "ipconfig -all"

Now... Under "Ethernet adapter Local area connection" see if DHCP is enabled, and check if you have a Physical address and a IPV4 address.

You haven't said if you have any other connections to any other applications.. this will identify if there is any connection at all, or if its a setting that is configured incorrectly.

Let me know how you went :p

jyoti1313

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2011
I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2 Service Pack 2.Earlier i have IE 5.0 then i remove it and install IE 7.0.Now its working ok.But i am unable to install any antivirus.I can not use the following link suggestions.Because My pc is not booting in safe mode with networking.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] ng-malware.

I have laptop with ubuntu OS My broadband is working perfectly on laptop So its not connection lost problem.

Combat Wombat

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
ohhhk...

It could be Malware stopping you from running such programs, on your laptop download rkill for windows, and put it on an external device and then load it up on your windows unit (Not in safe mode) and then try and install Mbam..... (Rkill will stop the Malware processes which stops you from installing some software)

Why can't you boot into safe mode with networking? Some kind of error? Your particular computer may just has a different keystroke to enter the advanced menu.