Can I run Norton Antivirus and the free version of AVG on my Windows XP
computer at the same time. Actually I mean will they both do their job or
will one outdo the other and conflict.

You should only enable one antivirus program with Windows XP.
Enabling more than one will cause conflicts and error messages.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Karen F" wrote:

| Can I run Norton Antivirus and the free version of AVG on my Windows XP
| computer at the same time. Actually I mean will they both do their job or
| will one outdo the other and conflict.

map

"Karen F" wrote:

> Can I run Norton Antivirus and the free version of AVG on my Windows XP
> computer at the same time. Actually I mean will they both do their job or
> will one outdo the other and conflict.

Years ago I tried running two avti-virus programs and my computer would not
even bootup, each software package was tring to be top dog.
Only use one at a time you can double check your system with an online virus
scan.
A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html