Viruses on Flashdrives

MalaNoche

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
I know a guy who used a flashdrive on a computer to upload a presentation. The computer shut down, but was able to function once restarted. My question is could that cause any lasting damage to the computer? And if so how would it be evident?

Solution
It won't cause any physical damage to your hardware or internal components. It will cause damage to the operating system and possibly corrupt your flash drive. But once you reformat your hard drive (full format, not quick format) and reinstall Windows you should be fine.
there could been two issues. one the pc or the guys stick had a bad pin or was bad and caused a dead short. (newer mb and power supply's will shut down to safe a pc from a dead short). if the stick was bad it can fry the usb ports on the mb or the mb would not post again. if it was a virus you need to unplug the pc from your network to keep the virus from getting onto your network. then scan the pc with few anti virus software like hitman pro/malware bytes. if your lucky it not one of the newer firmware virus that log itself into the bios of the mb and cause you to distoy the pc.

g-unit1111

Titan
It won't cause any physical damage to your hardware or internal components. It will cause damage to the operating system and possibly corrupt your flash drive. But once you reformat your hard drive (full format, not quick format) and reinstall Windows you should be fine.

Solution

Janni

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

Janni

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
After updating to windows 8.1 -my USB had problems -Everytime I took out a flashdrive my PC shut down -everything in my device manage was ok. I thought maybe I deleted a needed driver or something -Microsoft couldn't help -they said it could be a virus - I reinstalled everything - & the USB problem still exists -PC still shuts down -is there a soln ? I hope this isn't a virus -is there any soln. ?

Janni

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
After updating to windows 8.1 -my USB had problems -Everytime I took out a flashdrive my PC shut down -everything in my device manage was ok. I thought maybe I deleted a needed driver or something -Microsoft couldn't help -they said it could be a virus - I reinstalled everything - & the USB problem still exists -PC still shuts down -is there a soln ? I hope this isn't a virus -is there any soln. ?

TRENDING THREADS