[SOLVED] Viruses

Feb 9, 2022
I got a question about viruses in general.
If a pc connected (regardless of what os installed or if it has antivirus, for instance it’s win 95 with no antivirus) to the internet and nobody uses it or even opens the browser to go to some website to like 24 hrs for example. Can it STILL get some virus?

Solution
If a pc connected (regardless of what os installed or if it has antivirus, for instance it’s win 95 with no antivirus) to the internet and nobody uses it or even opens the browser to go to some website to like 24 hrs for example. Can it STILL get some virus?
Maybe.
Depends a lot on how it is connected.

For instance, connected to only a "modem", with no firewall (which would be in the router), and with a weak or no password, then it is subject to someone from outside gaining access.
With access, anything is possible.

Anything exposed directly to the internet gets access attempts all the time. A router and its firewall simply throws these random attempts away.

USAFRet

Titan
Maybe.
Depends a lot on how it is connected.

For instance, connected to only a "modem", with no firewall (which would be in the router), and with a weak or no password, then it is subject to someone from outside gaining access.
With access, anything is possible.

Anything exposed directly to the internet gets access attempts all the time. A router and its firewall simply throws these random attempts away.

Reactions: ZuluGapurtu
Solution