Visiontek 7870 2GB Eyefinity 6

ImThatGuy

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Hello all,

Anyone else have an issue with the Visiontek 7870 2GB card? The 4 monitor screen configurations that I have setup do not hold and monitors disable and need to be reactivated in the setup.

4 Monitors
4 Displayport to HDMI adapters
WIndows 7

Visiontek tech support has been kind and helpful, though we cannot seem to fix this problem. They mentioned the AMD monitor sleep bug, though we still have this issue with sleep disabled.

Thanks for any help!

ImThatGuy

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
It seems I cannot get a resolution from Visiontek. I have disabled sleep, though I am periodically having to reset the monitor positions and reactive monitors in the catalyst. From what I have found, I cannot find anyone else that has this issue.

Additionally, I would return the card and go back to nvidia, though I do not see any way to run 6 monitors without buying 3 cards and a new motherboard (board does not support graphics). Can anyone else recommend a different Eyefinity-6 card? This seems like a driver/software issue, though would like to hear from ANYONE that has had success with a 6 monitor setup.

Thanks.

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Good Day, there is sometimes a conflict between the Windows Screen Resolution Options and Catalyst. Catalyst loads after the OS boots, so that may explain why you have to reset your monitor configuration constantly. Without knowing whether you are using the Windows Options with or instead of CCC, my first suggestion would be to try to arrange your monitors using Windows by itself

ImThatGuy

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your response. I will try arranging them via the windows control, rather than the CCC.

I have been speaking to AMD about this issue. They have suggested that this issue was already resolved and the update to the latest driver may not be removing the old drivers properly. They recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller and re-install the latest driver. I have done this and it has helped. I can no longer replicate the issue by simply putting the computer to sleep. The issue now happens sporadically and only after hours of sleep or computer shut down.

ImThatGuy

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your response. I will try arranging them via the windows control, rather than the CCC.

I have been speaking to AMD about this issue. They have suggested that this issue was already resolved and the update to the latest driver may not be removing the old drivers properly. They recommend using Display Driver Uninstaller and re-install the latest driver. I have done this and it has helped. I can no longer replicate the issue by simply putting the computer to sleep. The issue now happens sporadically and only after hours of sleep or computer shut down.

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
You are welcome. I've experienced the sleep bug myself when using my personal gear so I know how frustrating it is. There seems to be a disconnect between the way Windows detects and identifies your monitor setup and the way Catalyst does so. Short of physically moving the monitors while they are still on to get it to line up somehow, the best solution I have identified is to use the Windows tools and bypass Catalyst for setting them up.

Catalyst still has some great features; I use it for monitor color and brightness calibration. When I start my PC up, I can see the default settings, and then Catalyst loads and the color/brightness scheme changes.

ImThatGuy

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
A HUGE thank you goes to the response by Venom Six Actual, along with Mark at the VisionTek phone tech support. I appreciate the help that was given and would by a product from VisionTek in the future.

Unfortunately, I could not be without a card for the time it would take to send in the card and wait for a warranty approval and have gone with different solution. The multimonitor setup is being used for day trading.

Again, many thanks!