Vista 64-bit on a TForce 6100-939

forthill

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
I have a new, unopened Biostar TFORCE 6100-939 paired with an AMD X2 3800+ processor. I'm thinking of leaping into Vista when I build with the TForce.
However, I'd like to make use of Vista 64-bit rather than 32-bit but am concerned with the driver issues I might encounter (as well as applications which might not run any more).

I have an XFX Ge Force 7600 GS video card which is Vista compatible and XFX's site has 64-bit drivers available - so I'm not too concerned about video problems. The TFORCE 6100-939 has onboard audio which I am using which might be an area with Vista 64-bit related problems.

Biostar doesn't have any chipset or other mainboard drivers listed specifically addressing Vista so I am reluctant to go and buy the 64-bit version of Vista.

Does anyone who has this mainboard and who has Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) have you experienced any issues with drivers, applications, etc?
I sent an email to Biostar's tech support but I don't have that much faith that they'll actually respond.

Thanks.
Forthill

jblow89577

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
Sorry but you are going have to find out for your self like everyone else. Go to the chipmaker web sites and look there. In addition, there is aAMD64 web site that I cannot remember off the top of my head, they have is a great big list of all 64bit drivers that the member s keep up to date. I do not know about vista though, but worth a look.