Vista 64 keeps asking for Driver

eljero

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Hello: Need just a little help here.
I purchased a new build and when I put in my vista cd it goes as far as (SELECT THE DRIVER TO BE INSTALLED). Please give me some input on what drivers that need installed.

This is what my system contains:
1. One. Intel Core i7 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
2. One. Cooler Master V8 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
3. Six. Stix of (2gb per stick) Corsair Dominator Memory
4. One. Asus Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel MoBo
5. One. Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s HDD (bare drive)-oem
6. One. X-Clear Acrylic Computer Case
7. One. Zalman ZM850-HP 850W Con. ATX/SLI Certified
8. One XFX GeForce 9800 GTX NVIDIA Graphics Card 512mb GDDR3
9. Six. Sets of Strobes
10. One. NZXT Sentry LX Temp/Fan Controller
11. One. Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit for System Builders – OEM
All of this is new from NEWEGG. And installed in the PC Case. What I would like to get information on is step-by-step Sequence of the proper way to install the Vista Ultimate Program on my System, and the rest of the drivers.
Thanking you and Very Much Appreciated.

It wants the driver for SATA RAID probably. Since you only have one drive go into your BIOS and make sure to disable RAID if you aren't going to use it. You should be fine from there. If it still needs a driver then get the CD that came with the Asus Rampage and put it in another computer. Find the SATA drivers you need (and RAID if you want to go ahead and enable it) and transfer them to a USB stick. Now put that stick in your new computer and when you boot the install disk tell vista where the drivers are. After all you can't install an OS to a hard drive if the setup program doesn't know how to save stuff to that Hard Drive :D.

It doesnt need a sata driver .

All that is required is to enter BIOS [ start up ] usually by hitting the DEL key when you get the first screen with writing .

You need to change the boot order so the cd/dvd drive is the first boot device . See your motherboard manual on how to do this

Then put the vista disc in the drive and use the reset button to reboot . Aftr that it should be no harder than following instructions

When vista is installed then rub the cd/dvd that came with your motherboard drivers

then when that is done install the video card drivers , and adjust the monitor resolution

TRENDING THREADS