phillipmeyers99

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I just installed the Vista64 RC1 and i cannot get my sound card to work with it. I tried installing the creative Audigy beta vista 64 driver and it is not working right. After i tell windows to install the non digitaly signed driver and reboot i have no sound. The control panel that is installed w/the drivers says i do not have a sound card installed. Vista hardware manager says the device has a problem but says the driver is the best match. The sound controls do not work in the vista control panel either, it says no sound device is found. I have tried resetting and still get the error w/no sound. I tried uninstalling and tried the xp64 drivers, card was never found when i tried to use the xp drivers. When i reinstalled the beta vista drivers i had the same error. I know its not the actual sound card, it works fine when i switch back to my XP pro HD. Does anyone know where i can get working Audigy 2 drivers for vista 64 or has anyone had luck w/those drivers?

Solution
I think that the fact that you are using Beta 2 drivers might be the problem. You will probably have to wait for new drivers, or you could try to download the latest post-rc1 build (5728). I'm running it right now... its stable and runs fine, and supposedly has better driver support than build 5600. If you google it you should be able to find a link to its ISO file.
I did manage to get my Audigy 2 working under x64 Beta 2... but I had no luck with RC 1. Creative has yet to release newer drivers. I installed x86 RC 1 and Creative's drivers work fine. I think a lot of vendors are still having issues writing proper x64 drivers.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I think that the fact that you are using Beta 2 drivers might be the problem. You will probably have to wait for new drivers, or you could try to download the latest post-rc1 build (5728). I'm running it right now... its stable and runs fine, and supposedly has better driver support than build 5600. If you google it you should be able to find a link to its ISO file.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS