Vista Home Premium/Ultimate vs. Business

stefan_tgz

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
So... I want to go Vista. I just got a new HDD so I can keep my XP installation. Now... I can't decide on what version is good for me. I could get Home Premium OEM, even Ultimate, but I could also get Vista Business via MSDN Academic Alliance. I DO play games, watch lots of movies, watch TV (TV tuner) but I wouldn't use Windows Media Center anyway. Are the Home Premium / Ultimate **really** worth it for all the media features that they are supposed to have? Would I be missing anything that is cool about Vista with the Business version?

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I have Vista ultimate 64 and it runs way better then xp. ppl say bad thigns about vista because some ppl are lazy and say oo its an error its junk. its not ture. i have vista and it runs good. i have had 0 problems with it. i play all my games with no problem. go vista 64 if you are using 4gb if you are using 2gb i would say vista or xp. but like i said vista runs very well on my computer no problems at all

Madrox

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2007
I have Vista ultimate 64 and it runs way better then xp. ppl say bad thigns about vista because some ppl are lazy and say oo its an error its junk. its not ture. i have vista and it runs good. i have had 0 problems with it. i play all my games with no problem. go vista 64 if you are using 4gb if you are using 2gb i would say vista or xp. but like i said vista runs very well on my computer no problems at all

I agree, I also have 0 problems using it, i had trouble installing it and thats all. (see below for the memory solution) Also Vista runs better on my PC than XP does.

Although some drivers cause blue screens it will most likely work when you restart.

One major tip. only use 1 stick of memory while installing it (preferably a 2GB stick of memory for x64) and then after EVERYTHING in the OS is updated install a second stick of memory. (and so on with more then 2 sticks)

This installing tip is for a flawless install of Vista. I guarantee it to work (iv installed Vista 20+ times on 4 very different computers)

you will need to refresh your performance every time you do this.