Vista Install VERY Slow on New Build

ekarey

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
I just put together a custom comp and I am trying to install Vista x64 on it, but the screens barely load and something is obviously wrong.

I installed the components easily, and the computer turns on fine. It then began to install the OS (Windows Vista 64bit). When it booted from the DVD drive, the disc would load and the blue/green background appeared with the cursor moving fine. Then it would stay on that screen for about 15-20 minutes, just doing nothing which was quite a long time.

The language and time section etc appeared next, once that was out of the way it began to install the OS. It checked the files within a matter of seconds and began to export the files at 0%. After about an hour and a half and it was still at 0%. Tried several times to get this working. I've checked my SATA cables, checked BIOS settings, disabled the unused or not needed parts such as the Floppy Drive, USB ports, onboard LAN, etc.

Comp Specs:
HD: WD 640GB SATA
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core
Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Board: ASRock N68PV-GS AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Micro ATX AMD
Power: Rosewill Stallion Series RD450-2-SB 450W
DVD: LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA
Graphics: EVGA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express 2.0

I've also tried using a single memory stick instead of both, but that didnt help at all. For reference the hard drive is on SATA0 and the DVD is on SATA1

Any ideas?

Thanks!!