Vista: New screensavers & high res backgrounds?

mr_sack

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I was wondering about two things I have yet to see in any Vista hands on articles or impressions. Windows has had the same lame screensavers forever...can anyone running Vista tell me if they are the same or if they finally have new decent looking screensavers? Also, I hated how they had some nice desktop backgrounds built in to XP but they were only 800 x 600...is that still the case or do they have much higher res backgrounds now? Thanks!

tyr86

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
Yes, they redid almost all of the screensavers, the backgrounds are much nicer, and Aero is quite customizable. Also, they now have it to where if you hover your mouse over the buttons in the task bar, it makes a little screen preview of it come up. As in, if you're playing WoW and running somewhere and WoW is minimized, it'll show you running in WoW, just in a 1"x1" screen.

Blank2k2

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2005
if you're playing WoW and running somewhere and WoW is minimized, it'll show you running in WoW, just in a 1"x1" screen.

that really work with any program?

like WoW..... Legend of mir.. command & conquer.. or just programs built to support such a feature?

Blank2k2

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2005
It will work with just about every program, but since it is a Aero feature, if a program disables Aero when it runs (as some do), the mini-preview will also be disabled.

pretty funky, ill be ordering vista x64 in a few weeks neway (hopefully there will be more driver support) to go with my new rig (also building in a few weeks, when ATI releases there card) :)

TRENDING THREADS