ghawci

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Hello,
Your forum is great, my laptop hard stoped working, I bought a new and bought the acer recovery disks but when I went to install its says no partition found. any help on this matter

Solution
if you have a new hard disk, it has no partition or anything on it. You need to create a partition (even if its the size of the whole disk) and have it formatted.
If its a recovery disk, i believe it needs the operation system to be installed to run.

ghawci

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Hello,
Your forum is great, my laptop hard stoped working, I bought a new and bought the acer recovery disks but when I went to install its says no partition found. any help on this matter

arges86

Distinguished
if you have a new hard disk, it has no partition or anything on it. You need to create a partition (even if its the size of the whole disk) and have it formatted.
If its a recovery disk, i believe it needs the operation system to be installed to run.

Solution

ghawci

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Hi Thanks what I meant is I bought a new hard drive and new acer recovery disks for my acer extensa laptop but when I went to install it says no Partition, now how do I format a new hard dist to create a partition, I mean what software or would fdisk work, and if f disk works were do i find it? i I want to install windows vista premuim. Thanks for replying

ghawci

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

How do you format or partition for windows vista if i have a new hard drive/