Question Visual artifacts on BIOS and Boot on specific monitor

Jun 1, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm hoping for a little bit of help here. A few months ago I got a second monitor to use with my pc. Ever since I've hooked it up, everytime I shutdown and start my pc I get these visual artifacts (best way I can think to describe them) on the Boot and Bios screens. This only happens when I shut down the pc. It does not happen when I click restart in Windows. And it only happens on this monitor. If I unplug it and run only my other monitor everything works as normal, but if I unplug the monitor that does work I get the same issues. What could be causing this? My initial thoughts was maybe a psu/power draw issue, but that doesn't quite explain why it functions correctly on one monitor while the other is unplugged, but not vice versa. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Monitors: ASUS VG248QC (Main one I'm seeing the issue on) and ASUS VG245H
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x
GPU: RTX 3070
PSU: ARESGAME 750W
RAM: Don't know the brand but 16 GB at 3000mhz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix b450 F

Additional note, it seems to work fine once I'm booted into Windows. It flashes black a few times when the nvidia control panel detects Gsync but other than that, no issues once booted.

Images here: View: https://imgur.com/a/tHgS1Uv

Lutfij

Titan

You're advised to work with a higher wattage, reliably built unit to deal with an RTX 3000 series transient load spikes. Are you connected from the PSU to the PCIe connectors without a daisychained connector?

Have you also tried working with DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling the latest driver from Nvidia in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Jun 1, 2022

You're advised to work with a higher wattage, reliably built unit to deal with an RTX 3000 series transient load spikes. Are you connected from the PSU to the PCIe connectors without a daisychained connector?

Have you also tried working with DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstalling the latest driver from Nvidia in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

I double checked my PCIe connectors because I honestly could not remember, but no, the connectors are not daisychained. I also attempted using DDU to uninstall my graphics drivers, which did solve the black flashing issue on Windows, but did not the weird visual artifacts.