Visualize traffic speed

Is there a possibility to see network traffic speed, like I'm used to see
when I connected via Enternet300?

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:54:34 +0200, "Willhe" <news@willhe.com> wrote:

>Is there a possibility to see network traffic speed, like I'm used to see
>when I connected via Enternet300?

Could I trouble you to disclose what you have to work with? (i.e.
Windoze mutation, router model, type of connection).

In Windoze 2000 and XP, try using:
Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Performance
Add Counter -> Network Interface
Add the counters "Bytes Received per second" and "Bytes Xmitted per
second".

You can also get some crude flashing lights in the system tray with:
Control Panel -> Network -> Network Connection -> Properties
Check the box labeled "show icon in taskbar when connected".
If you double click on the icon in the system tray, you'll get some
numeric traffic statistics.

150 Felker St #D 831-336-2558
Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:08:41 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
>In Windoze 2000 and XP, try using:
> Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Performance
> Add Counter -> Network Interface
>Add the counters "Bytes Received per second" and "Bytes Xmitted per
>second".
>
>You can also get some crude flashing lights in the system tray with:
> Control Panel -> Network -> Network Connection -> Properties
>Check the box labeled "show icon in taskbar when connected".
>If you double click on the icon in the system tray, you'll get some
>numeric traffic statistics.
Jeff, do you know if there is anything available in WIN-XP Home?

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:29:03 -0700, brian-s-jones-at-comcast.net
wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:08:41 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
>>In Windoze 2000 and XP, try using:
>> Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Performance
>> Add Counter -> Network Interface
>>Add the counters "Bytes Received per second" and "Bytes Xmitted per
>>second".
>>
>>You can also get some crude flashing lights in the system tray with:
>> Control Panel -> Network -> Network Connection -> Properties
>>Check the box labeled "show icon in taskbar when connected".
>>If you double click on the icon in the system tray, you'll get some
>>numeric traffic statistics.

>Jeff, do you know if there is anything available in WIN-XP Home?

Yes, I do. Everything I previously described will work with Windoze
XP Home, XP Pro, and W2K. You can also use various SNMP tools, but I
suspect this is more than you want.

150 Felker St #D 831-336-2558
Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS