Vivaldi 1.0 Targets Browser Power Users With Advanced Features, Chrome Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

eslrahc

Reputable
Nov 4, 2015
I had run the Betas and installed the 1.0 final.
I added the xmark extension but when I try to use the extension Vivaldi crashes.

The lastpass extension performs without issue.

Charles

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
I would check it out. It seriously has an uphill battle with me because if it can't do anything I can't also get Chrome to do with an extension, then I don't need it.

TwoFaceFear

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
ive been exclusively using vivaldi for about 6 months (maybe more, cant remember) and i wont go back to anything else.

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
For me personaly, browser needs to have sync function between devices, and has to support my main platforms (Win desktop and Android mobile) both with kbd/mouse and touch. So far, only Chrome is doing that :( I'm not a Chrome fan, I'd switch if someone can offer those...

It's not a bad browser, I've been using Vivaldi for 6mo or longer. It's a decent backup browser but I don't notice a whole lot of differences between it and Chrome. At least not with basic tasks or without specifically looking for them.

What I have noticed, Vivaldi tends to be a bit of a resource hog. Even during simple things like flash, the same flash open in Chrome will only use around 6-12% cpu while Vivaldi consistently uses 25-30%. As soon as I close Vivaldi cpu use drops. I don't notice it 'performing' typical browsing tasks any better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.