vixia hf r200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaria

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
My wife is an American and moving to the UK. She has sent her vixia hf r200 ahead of her and it arrived fine but will not turn on. I think its most likely its out of juice but I am worried that if I buy an American to British power adapter the bigger current in the UK grid might damage the camera. Are my worries unfounded?

Solution
For household power, the US has 110 Volts AC whereas the UK has 220 Volts AC. Most charging adapters are designed for 110 to 220 VAC, but please verify this is the case with your adapter.

If your adapter is rated 110 - 220 VAC then there will not be any issues. The plug prongs are different between US and the UK; US has flat blade type prongs and the UK has round prongs. Also, the spacing between the prongs is different. So, you will need a $1 'plug adapter' available at most Asian stores in the US (probably in the UK too).

If your AC charging adapter is rated for 110 VAC, you cannot and should not plug it into any outlet in the UK because the voltage in the UK is 220 VAC.

Good luck!
For household power, the US has 110 Volts AC whereas the UK has 220 Volts AC. Most charging adapters are designed for 110 to 220 VAC, but please verify this is the case with your adapter.

If your adapter is rated 110 - 220 VAC then there will not be any issues. The plug prongs are different between US and the UK; US has flat blade type prongs and the UK has round prongs. Also, the spacing between the prongs is different. So, you will need a $1 'plug adapter' available at most Asian stores in the US (probably in the UK too).

If your AC charging adapter is rated for 110 VAC, you cannot and should not plug it into any outlet in the UK because the voltage in the UK is 220 VAC.

Good luck!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.