Question Vizio TV crashes PC ?

Wolf2c

Prominent
Feb 28, 2021
Im posting pictures of my pc specs. i have PC hooked up to my 70" vizio tv via HDMI. The input i have it hooked to on tv is "best" input. Everything works fine as long as i don't switch inputs, say to watch tv. I switch back to pc input, my pc is locked up. i have to restart tv. I have grown very annoyed with this. it also happens if i turn TV off. turn it back on, pc is locked up. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qXyANRkY1GbH7NBf9

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You would also want to look at audio devices. Nvidia HD audio will be sending sound through the HDMI port.

I recall having many issues with HDR with an older Vizio 4K TV, which would result in a no signal black screen when switching between smart apps and PC input. Try disabling it for a while.

My more recent Vizio has no issues running HDR 10 with a GT1030 over an HDMI 2.0 cable, though I tend to run at 1080p.

Reactions: Wolf2c

Wolf2c

Prominent
Feb 28, 2021
You would also want to look at audio devices. Nvidia HD audio will be sending sound through the HDMI port.

I recall having many issues with HDR with an older Vizio 4K TV, which would result in a no signal black screen when switching between smart apps and PC input. Try disabling it for a while.

My more recent Vizio has no issues running HDR 10 with a GT1030 over an HDMI 2.0 cable, though I tend to run at 1080p.
ok. i have that disabled and drivers updated. i will see how my pc works for next few days

Reactions: Why_Me

Wolf2c

Prominent
Feb 28, 2021
UPDATE: i have all drivers updated. i disabled NVidia HD Audio device. i also disabled Realtek HD audio from start-up options. today when i turned tv on: My PC was NOT locked up!! I havent switched inputs yet as i have sat on the couch and dont want to chance having to get up and restart PC haha. but that may have fixed the issue.
should i do something with this below ??
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZVFkOWhERlRvcW45WGV6ZU5UYTg1MTNja25pOFVB