VLC sound problems!

SlovBoy

Honorable
Dec 8, 2016
Hey guys!

I just upgraded to a new computer and I installed VLC to watch some movies.

The problem is the sound. You can barely hear the dialogue, but you can hear some ambient sounds and the music. This happens when I try to watch an mkv file. I tried to watch an MP4 and it works there.

Is it a codec issue?

Thanks so much!

Happy holidays! :)

Solution
Hey SlovBoy,

From your information I would suggest 3 things to try and see if they work first.

1. Up in the file menu, click Audio > Audio device > make sure your speakers/playback device is selected, then use the scroll button on your mouse (scroll forward) so your sound reaches 200% in VLC, see if that helps

2. Go to your audio settings in your notifications bar (bottom right hand side of your screen) , right click your audio control and click "open volume mixer", make sure VLCs volume is at 100%

3. Go to a very reputable website to download a decent MKV file and test, make sure its not your downloaded MKV files that have the actual issue

4 (optional) you could probably re-download VLC (most updated version) and reinstall to see...
Hey SlovBoy,

From your information I would suggest 3 things to try and see if they work first.

1. Up in the file menu, click Audio > Audio device > make sure your speakers/playback device is selected, then use the scroll button on your mouse (scroll forward) so your sound reaches 200% in VLC, see if that helps

2. Go to your audio settings in your notifications bar (bottom right hand side of your screen) , right click your audio control and click "open volume mixer", make sure VLCs volume is at 100%

3. Go to a very reputable website to download a decent MKV file and test, make sure its not your downloaded MKV files that have the actual issue

4 (optional) you could probably re-download VLC (most updated version) and reinstall to see if that helps

:)

- LE

Solution