[SOLVED] VM BSOD after RAM upgrade

Daste

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019
I installed VMware yesterday, and I installed Windows 10 there. It had 4GB of ram, and it worked fine. Today, I set it to 8GB RAM and I get BSOD saying
Stop code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO.

When it restarts it says Preparing Automatic Repair, and Diagnosing Your PC. It then says
Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC

Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down" to turn off your PC.
Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

Help, please!
I had very important stuff on that VM!

Solution
Hello

Can you please try going to the folder the Virtual HDD is placed in, and move all the folders with .Ink extension to a different location?

Please also check if the Host computer has enough RAM and free disk space to allow the guest operating system breath properly.

If nothing works, you can always copy the VMDK file to a different computer, install VMware on that PC, open the VMDK file there, and extract the important data easily.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello

Can you please try going to the folder the Virtual HDD is placed in, and move all the folders with .Ink extension to a different location?

Please also check if the Host computer has enough RAM and free disk space to allow the guest operating system breath properly.

If nothing works, you can always copy the VMDK file to a different computer, install VMware on that PC, open the VMDK file there, and extract the important data easily.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS