VMware Workstation Change Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandi1987

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
Can i change Graphics Card or install 3DFX driver in Windows XP in VMware Workstation? I have nGlide but i want to know if is possible to install Voodoo driver like in PCem and DOSBox.

Solution
the driver used on the virtual machine must correspond to the gpu the system emulates, if the card emulated is not a voodoo, i think it will let you install but will do nothing with them

unless you can change the gpu emulated by vmware

last time i used it, it wasn't possible

for this kind of emulation, i think you can't do it this way

you need a real pc, and a real voodoo running the drivers you want to get the graphical effects you are searching, that is why so many people want to buy old voodoo cards and assemble old pentium 4 or athlon xp pcs to play them

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the driver used on the virtual machine must correspond to the gpu the system emulates, if the card emulated is not a voodoo, i think it will let you install but will do nothing with them

unless you can change the gpu emulated by vmware

last time i used it, it wasn't possible

for this kind of emulation, i think you can't do it this way

you need a real pc, and a real voodoo running the drivers you want to get the graphical effects you are searching, that is why so many people want to buy old voodoo cards and assemble old pentium 4 or athlon xp pcs to play them

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.