Vodafone Smart Mini is a £50 Jelly Bean Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I wonder what the community support would be like, I would love to buy a cheap phone so I can test out custom ROMs and overclocking, I rely on my tablet heavily and I can't afford to take the risk incase something goes wrong, but if something happened to this, I wouldnt need to worry

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
I wish I could get a 3.5" android device with atleast 1 gig of ram, preferbly 2, and a dual-core processor. Moving from a dual to a quad core doesnt make a noticeable difference in usability, but the 2 gigs of ram definately does.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Looks great! Shame it couldn't be 1GB of RAM, but at £50 something has to give way. I doubt the screen is very high res or particularly nice to look at either, but hey.. £50.

gruntlord6

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

Might be a bit hard for XP to work with 4 GB storage.

It would work. Just barely. I have installed XP on 6 GB disks. It takes about 2 GB.

But of course it wouldn't work because it is not X86 based. I was just commenting on the absurdity of smartphone OSes taking more resources then that.

wrath62

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I just bought a Vodafone Smart Mini week ago and it actually works pretty good.
I couldnt find any app/game that wouldnt run on it even Need for speed most wanted runs on it without a bit of lagg.
it performs better what i expected and i really like it

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

yeah when smartphones will last over 1 week at least then yeah till then ... not happening ...

Status
Not open for further replies.