Voice Over Work

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Ryan,

If you haven't found a great sound proofing option, I thought I'd
suggest Primacoustics. They have pre-fab solutions and aren't
too expensive.

http://www.primacoustic.com

How's the voice-over work coming?

Best regards,

Stephanie

~ Find voice over work ~
http://www.interactivevoices.com

~ Download customizable voice-over business documents ~
http://www.interactivevoices.com/resources.htm

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

This thinly-veiled spam didn't come from primacoustic.com, according to Andrew
Meissner, whom I just spoke with. He wonders if its one of their resellers. The
folks at Interactive Voices didn't answer their phone, but you can call them for
free and let them know how much you enjoyed their ad, and how much you plan to
buy in the future, but dialing 1-888-359-3472. Its a free call for you; IV has
to pay the bill.

John

InteractiveVoices wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> If you haven't found a great sound proofing option, I thought I'd
> suggest Primacoustics. They have pre-fab solutions and aren't
> too expensive.
>
> http://www.primacoustic.com
>
> How's the voice-over work coming?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Stephanie
>
> ~ Find voice over work ~
> http://www.interactivevoices.com
>
> ~ Download customizable voice-over business documents ~
> http://www.interactivevoices.com/resources.htm

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Speaking of VO, if anyone wants to try me out for some voice work,
here are a couple of short demos.

http://www.mbsoundworks.com/mp3/Hellboy.wav
http://www.mbsoundworks.com/mp3/MonaLisa.wav

I'm actually a composer, but after several people told me I should
give my voice a whirl, I bought a nice mic and decided to give it a
try.

I've got a couple leads on video game trailers, but I know it's an
extremely competetive business.

Mitch@hotmail.com wrote:

> Speaking of VO, if anyone wants to try me out for some voice work,
> here are a couple of short demos.
>
> http://www.mbsoundworks.com/mp3/Hellboy.wav
> http://www.mbsoundworks.com/mp3/MonaLisa.wav
>
> I'm actually a composer, but after several people told me I should
> give my voice a whirl, I bought a nice mic and decided to give it a
> try.
>
> I've got a couple leads on video game trailers, but I know it's an
> extremely competetive business.

A couple of thoughts: I think your voice samples need to be longer and
demonstrate different styles. The samples need to be compressed to MP3.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Dude...

I'm no expert, but I was really impressed. I'd hire you!

Good luck!

> Speaking of VO, if anyone wants to try me out for some voice work,
> here are a couple of short demos.
>
> http://www.mbsoundworks.com/mp3/Hellboy.wav
> http://www.mbsoundworks.com/mp3/MonaLisa.wav
>
> I'm actually a composer, but after several people told me I should
> give my voice a whirl, I bought a nice mic and decided to give it a
> try.
>
> I've got a couple leads on video game trailers, but I know it's an
> extremely competetive business.

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

John,

>This thinly-veiled spam didn't come from primacoustic.com, according
to Andrew
> Meissner, whom I just spoke with. He wonders if its one of their resellers.

Can I set the record straight?

I'm a Client Service representative with Interactive Voices. We do
not sell, endorse or even mention primacoustic on our site, nor are we
resellers.

Why did I mention them? We started out as a recording studio and I
remember the recording engineer saying that they were honest people.
By no means was I expecting
to disturb the group.

Yes, I did receive your voice mail message. You didn't leave your
contact information, so I was unable to respond as quickly as I would
have liked to.

I trust you understand.

Warm regards,

Stephanie

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

in article b08ecb2a.0406161747.3fa48f42@posting.google.com,
InteractiveVoices at david@interactivevoices.com wrote on 6/16/04 9:47 PM:
> John,
>
>> This thinly-veiled spam didn't come from
>> primacoustic.com, according to Andrew
>> Meissner, whom I just spoke with. He wonders if its one of their resellers.
>
> Can I set the record straight?

(snip)

no.
just can the uninvited 4-group crossposting.
It tends to look like spam, so change shoes.
thanks

> I trust you understand.
> Warm regards,
> Stephanie

back at ya Steph (who the heck's this 'David' person?

apologies to all but whatever single group this actually belonged in.

--
John I-22
(that's 'I' for Initial...)

InteractiveVoices wrote:

> John,
>

>>This thinly-veiled spam didn't come from primacoustic.com, according
>
> to Andrew
>
>>Meissner, whom I just spoke with. He wonders if its one of their resellers.
>

> Can I set the record straight?
>
> I'm a Client Service representative with Interactive Voices. We do
> not sell, endorse or even mention primacoustic on our site, nor are we
> resellers.

hmm...

> Why did I mention them? We started out as a recording studio and I
> remember the recording engineer saying that they were honest people.
> By no means was I expecting
> to disturb the group.

THEN WHO IS "RYAN?"

> Yes, I did receive your voice mail message. You didn't leave your
> contact information, so I was unable to respond as quickly as I would
> have liked to.

I do not believe this is true.

> I trust you understand.

No, I for one don't. When the sending email is from "David," and a post to
several newsgroups is made which is designed to look like an email to a specific
person about a commercial product or service and signed with another person's
name, you have implemented all the visual hallmarks of spam. SPAM. Don't do that
here.

Thank you

John

InteractiveVoices wrote:

> John,
>

>>This thinly-veiled spam didn't come from primacoustic.com, according
>
> to Andrew
>
>>Meissner, whom I just spoke with. He wonders if its one of their resellers.
>

> Can I set the record straight?
>
> I'm a Client Service representative with Interactive Voices. We do
> not sell, endorse or even mention primacoustic on our site, nor are we
> resellers.

hmm...

> Why did I mention them? We started out as a recording studio and I
> remember the recording engineer saying that they were honest people.
> By no means was I expecting
> to disturb the group.

THEN WHO IS "RYAN?"

> Yes, I did receive your voice mail message. You didn't leave your
> contact information, so I was unable to respond as quickly as I would
> have liked to.

I do not believe this is true.

> I trust you understand.

No, I for one don't. When the sending email is from "David," and a post to
several newsgroups is made which is designed to look like an email to a specific
person about a commercial product or service and signed with another person's
name, you have implemented all the visual hallmarks of spam. SPAM. Don't do that
here.

Thank you

John

Archived from groups: rec.arts.movies.production.sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

>Dude...
>
>I'm no expert, but I was really impressed. I'd hire you!

Thanks.....please do! :)

Actually, I compose music and design sound fx for multimedia and
games, so I'm trying to get into doing VO for game trailers. No luck
yet, but it's a tough biz, with many experienced pros.