VOIP for home: Best full duplex/quality?

tom2u

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
I've tried Vonage, Gmail, Magicjack and MSN for talking online and all are very substandard for important conversations. I'm on a cable modem which seems to download torrents pretty fast though sometimes YouTube some times lags - not sure if that's the ISP or YouTube. Anyway, I was wondering if people have found anything obviously superior?

My ISP also has a phone service that I use using VOIP and its flawless but expensive. They have a dedicated network apparently and that accounts for the call quality. But what if I used something like QoS to dedicate lots of bandwith when I'm on a VOIP call? And has anyone used a low priced VOIP system on a really fast line to see if it makes much difference?

I really like using my computer for voice calling (with a headset or speakerphone) but so far I haven't been able to get good voice quality.

alex_rozen

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Try SendMyCall.com They offer virtual numbers with call forwarding service. Lots of great FREE features like:
Access dial tone for outbound calls (DISA);
Record and playback voice messages to callers
Send voice-mail messages to email ;
Direct calls using extension numbers

tom2u

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010

--------------
Looks interesting but what is the advantage I wonder of a service like this ($60 a year for DID number) vs $30 a year for Magicjack? Both have call forwarding, free long distance and unlimited incoming / outgoing service.

Valent10

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Same feeling here about your situation, tried many voip providers in my previous years. Right now I got 2 which I normally use for my personal outbound and inbound calls. They offered plans which are very affordable.