volcano 7 or 7+

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
whats the difference? i see on newegg, the only difference i can see is 25 dollars? i plan on getting a 1700 xp soon and i want it to stay cool, it gets pretty hot in the summer in the room its going in.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Look at the picture. If they look the same, then the 7+ probably just has some insane fan that'll drive you nuts.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
actually they are significantly different...
the volk7 is what we know, with large variable speed fan, while the Volk7+ is a 'thin fin' all copper cooler, 70mmx70mm and according to the specs the 70mm fan goes from 3000rpm to 6000rpm.
could be a considerably noisy ah heck at full speed... 70mm fan is an unusual size too.

I love helping people in Toms Forums... It reinforces my intellectual superiority! :smile:

eden

Champion
The V7+ was tested somewhere on the net and is available from Tt, it offers a lot more choice and freedom for OCers as below:
-Extra thin heatsink fins allowing even better heat dissipation, so the cooling is much more efficient.
-Can actually convert from Socket 478 to Socket A so it's a two in one!!
-No temp variable sense but rather a switch between Low-Medium-High: 3000rpm, 4800rpm, 6000rpm. The latter being very noisy, but the cooling is chosen by you!

Overall it decreases the heat compared to the V7's, so it's better at that, and it allows you more choice than itself.

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Thermaltake is getting very innovative with cooling devices nowadays.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
Wait...isn't the 7+ the one that goes on with the fan blowing sideways? Or am I wrong?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/heatsink/v7plus.htm" target="_new">This</A> is the Volcano 7+.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

eden

Champion
Indeed they are better. The V7s are just sexy...
Although why do they show it in gold, then in the picture below with a fully built V7+, it's silver??

What amazes me, is the support up to 3GHZ P4s!!
Then the AXP up to 2600+! Although it's a bit disappointing for the AXP one, since Matisaro's goal is to reach 2.4GHZ and that's not PR, I think maybe Tt was referring to a 0.18m? But then again I've yet to hear about OCs to 2600+....

--
For the first time, Hookers are hooked on Phonics!!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
The thermal specifications of the p4 are known, the tbreds are not, I doubt any claims they have made about support are accurate personally.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
thank you for clearing this up, the price is a bit high, i have found a good deal on the global win cakII 38, will it provide good performance also?

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, but it's loud. The advantage of the Volcano 7 series is that it's relatively quiet but provides excellent cooling. I'd look at the Volcano 7 if you don't want the 7+. I believe I may have solved my unusual problem with the Volcano 7. My HSF was simply not seated properly.

TRENDING THREADS