Voltage and temps question

So, other than VCore, is there any other voltage that can lower the CPU temperature? I've been running a 4770k @ 4.3ghz under about 1.215v since forever, got average temps peaking at 65C while gaming.

Because i utterly hate odd numbers, I had to go for 4.4ghz, but could only (SORTA) stabilize with 1.248v with everything else on AUTO, and so im getting peak temps of 70-72C tops while gaming, and I want it to last quite a while still, so other than Vcore, is there anything else that can be done to lower temps within the bios? I always thought that my 4770k runs pretty hot even though im using a H110i

Solution
Well as is (4.4ghz) your at a 4790K essentially. I've only seen a very few that are in the 4.6-4.8+ range and they've usually been delided and are on a full loop. But if you were to compare gaming results of you at 4.4 and someone with the same exact CPU/system at 4.8+ I doubt there would even be a significant FPS difference, maybe 3-5 FPS on the most CPU demanding game.

If I were you I'd keep my system as is at 4.4ghz/1.250V (or w/e. your voltage is).

WildCard999

Titan
Well your under the max safe voltage (1.3) and max safe temp (<80C for extended periods of time) so your fine in the long run. As for lowering the temp I'd probably clean the system thoroughly and repaste the CPU/cooler if it's been awhile.

I had similar temps and voltage on my previous system (4770K @4.4ghz, 1.250V, H100i cooler).

hmm, 70's drive me nuts but i guess im being too conservative...

WildCard999

Titan
You could always lower it back to 4.2 if it lowers the temp significantly, 200 mhz isn't going to make a massive difference. While I was stable at 4.4 I preferred 4.2 during the fall/winter months and it went back to 3.5 stock during the summer as I was gaming less and when I did the normal turbo boost was sufficient enough for me.

With 4.2ghz the difference is quite significant as it can run with under 1.180v or so, but since I live in a hot af place, the seasons here are divided in hot, melting, burning and scorching, so I can completely ignore temp variations as im always on max temps.

but... 4.2ghz, eww gotta master race man...

i think ill just try to get some better compound, if its completely fine to be at these temps, ill see if i can drop 2C and ignore.

WildCard999

Titan
Well as is (4.4ghz) your at a 4790K essentially. I've only seen a very few that are in the 4.6-4.8+ range and they've usually been delided and are on a full loop. But if you were to compare gaming results of you at 4.4 and someone with the same exact CPU/system at 4.8+ I doubt there would even be a significant FPS difference, maybe 3-5 FPS on the most CPU demanding game.

If I were you I'd keep my system as is at 4.4ghz/1.250V (or w/e. your voltage is).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS