Question Voltage drops when under load

hello, I'm overclocking my r5 2600 the core voltage is set to 1.3v @3.9GHz and when im under no load my voltage is at 1.3v but when I'm underload the voltage is at around 1.250 volts I'm just curious as of why this is happening and if its okay and how to reduce the idle voltage

That is voltage loss. Depending on the MB, there can be a certain distance between PSU and CPU that allow the voltage to decrease (due to resistance in wires and pcb tracks).

Some MB would have their own voltage controllers sitting close to the CPU socket, and if well crafted it should make the voltage more stable and therefore less prone to voltage loss.

Disclaimer : I cannot rule out the posibility that the CPU on your MB in particular does regulate the voltage by communicating to voltage regulator on MB. In this case, lower voltage is normal.

That is voltage loss. Depending on the MB, there can be a certain distance between PSU and CPU that allow the voltage to decrease (due to resistance in wires and pcb tracks).

Some MB would have their own voltage controllers sitting close to the CPU socket, and if well crafted it should make the voltage more stable and therefore less prone to voltage loss.

Disclaimer : I cannot rule out the posibility that the CPU on your MB in particular does regulate the voltage by communicating to voltage regulator on MB. In this case, lower voltage is normal.

the oc was a bios oc just extra information is it okay for it to do that

TRENDING THREADS