Question Voltage fluctuations, pc turned off

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question, you can find the specs in my signature.

Like most people now, I am working from home as well, I do not have a ups but got a spike buster/ surge protector sort off.

Since its summer here, in the nights I guess because most people turn their ac on there is a short voltage drop I guess, two days back I was mid game and the modem went out with a voltage drop but pc was running, today, the voltage drop lights went out for fraction and pc turned off but modem was on, couldn't turn the pc back on. Unplugged the power cable, did a power drain, plugged back on ,pc came back but I have shut it down now just to be safe and raised a complaint with the Eb customer service here. I got two questions.

1) why didn't the pc turn back on first?

2) Should I risk continuing to work on it as there is no way for me to get a ups now because to the nationwide lockdown? If yes, whats the worst that could happen?

Aravind92

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2014
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question, you can find the specs in my signature.

Like most people now, I am working from home as well, I do not have a ups but got a spike buster/ surge protector sort off.

Since its summer here, in the nights I guess because most people turn their ac on there is a short voltage drop I guess, two days back I was mid game and the modem went out with a voltage drop but pc was running, today, the voltage drop lights went out for fraction and pc turned off but modem was on, couldn't turn the pc back on. Unplugged the power cable, did a power drain, plugged back on ,pc came back but I have shut it down now just to be safe and raised a complaint with the Eb customer service here. I got two questions.

1) why didn't the pc turn back on first?

2) Should I risk continuing to work on it as there is no way for me to get a ups now because to the nationwide lockdown? If yes, whats the worst that could happen?
Just figured, we have a circuit breaker installed with the main powe source and that will trip if it gets fed too much voltage I guess. So will that help in my situation coupled with the surge protector to alleviate any risk of damaging hardware?

I really need to be able to power the pc on for my work now, any assistance is appreciated.