Voltage issue i7 8700k

Jan 13, 2019
Specs:
Asus Maximus x hero
Intel coffe lake 17 8700k
Gtx 1080ti
G.Skill 16gb trident z series ram

My problem im having is when i overclock my cpu to 4.8ghz and I put my voltage to about 1.250 when i go onto Cpu-z it says .648 for core voltage im not understanding what im doing wrong ive watched numerous videos on the exact mobo and cpu and put there exact settings and i cannot get the cpu-z to match my bios voltage

If the mainboard perhaps only using that low of a core voltage when CPU is at idle/800 MHz or so, then ramping up the voltage only when under load? (Which would be normal behavior for Auto mode of operation, you may have to set CPU multiplier to manual to choose manual voltage? (Many have little use for bumping up core volts above stock to get 100 extra MHz to gain 1-2 fps over stock for such a major increase in heat/power consumption anyway, but, good luck)

Jan 13, 2019

I did change the voltage to 1.3volts in the bios im not seeing anything for cpu multiplier (Im new to oc be gentle with me)
But i had it like that before anyway. I manually set the core voltage but it only reads .600 at idle and under load but the cpu is running at 4.8ghz and i do notice a big difference. Now even before i oc my cpu the default settings in mobo read .300 volts and .600 under idle and load im very confused. And i want to say its my fault but i watched a video and followed the exact steps and re watched it 5 times but still no luck.