Voltage Limit - Brand new EVGA 1080 w/ video and *full specs*

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Hello and thank you for taking time out of your day to read this. I just bought a 1080 and when i play battlefield 1 with MSI Afterburner OSD- it says " LIM VOLTAGE" within 2 seconds of joining a match.

I've read about this subject and it says im not getting enough voltage to the card...i have a 650W power supply and i play BF1 on high settings.

i just built a brand new PC because my old one suddenly got this strange choppiness and i could NOT fix it and i did EVERYTHING under the sun. i noticed my new build is choppy too! I mean i get better frames and the choppiness went down a bit but its still there. the strange thing is the choppiness came out of NOWHERE. one day my old gaming PC was buttery smooth at 144Hz, the next its performing badly.

I have old wiring in my house- could this be the cause of my voltage limit. and could the voltage limit be caused my faulty/ bad wiring in my room?

Could bad power delivery from the socket be to blame for all this bad performance that SUDDENLY ruined my gaming? I don't know how to fix this and any help is greatly appreciated.

Video of BF1 and voltage limit (check my OSD) : https://youtu.be/iZ96LRslGCo

CURRENT PC SPECS

CPU: i5 8600k (stock speed)
GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW DT
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 650 watt
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX ( 4x4 GB dimms)
Mobo: MSI z370 M5 Gaming
Case: Corsair 570x (white...i know this doesnt matter but what the hey)

As for the power limit you are seeing It will only do that if you had it checked in the OSD. I did the same thing and worried about it. Unchecked it and everything was al good. It isn't something that you need to worry about. Just uncheck power limit in MSI AB monitoring settings as far as the glitches you are getting it could be many things. Go to nvidia CP and set phys x to dedicated gpu, In 3d settings set power management to PREFER MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. Also you can go to geforce experience game menu and optimize your games settings.

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know it's activated in MSI Afterburner OSD,

I wanted the voltage and power limit on my OSD because I thought It would give me insight if my old wiring in my house isn't delivering enough power to my components.. So this ISN'T anything to be worried about? It doesn't mean my Graphics Card isn't getting enough power? I'll try dedicating PhysX to my GPU, I haven't done that one yet. Thanks.

I truly hope this "LIM VOLTAGE" im seeing on MSI afterburner On-Screen-Display is nothing to be worried about