Question Voltage limit reaching maximum

Eddsta

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Hi My games recently starting crashing and i had no idea why. I looked online and people said to check you temps, so i downloaded MSI afterburner and checked. But instead when looking at it whilst playing i saw that the voltage limit would reach maximum, the game would crash and it would go back down. This is hard too explain but i do have a screen shot.
specs are:
RTX 2060 6Gb
Ryzen 5 1500x
4x4Gb DDr4 3000mgz
B350 mother board
600w gold power supply

Eddsta

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
98hvZJ.jpg

Voltage limit just means you are maxing out the cores potential clock. It's fine.

GPUs are designed to hit, utilization, voltage, thermal, and power limits, they will just clock the card a bit lower or prevent the clock from going up, they won't crash the system.

If your crashing in games, might be a driver problem.

Eddsta

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Voltage limit just means you are maxing out the cores potential clock. It's fine.

GPUs are designed to hit, utilization, voltage, thermal, and power limits, they will just clock the card a bit lower or prevent the clock from going up, they won't crash the system.

Oh okay, thank you.
I was just worried as my games have been crashing a lot recently. I only had 8 Gb of Ram so i installed another 2x4gb to make 16gb. I started to mess with overclocking but then i tried to change it back to default but im not sure if its all okay as i dont think i should be crashing. Sometimes i can play for like 2 hours an then it crashes and i have to load up the game 5-6 times before i can properly play again.

TRENDING THREADS