Voltage Stebilizer for PC

Linkin_1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2017
There is very unstable voltage in my area. I am already using a 1kva UPS for my desktop but its not stabilizing voltage. I already lost my 970 due to voltage fluctuation. So I want to know that can I use a voltage stabilizer with my ups? I can't find a voltage stabilizer specified for PC so can I use a refrigerator/tv stabilizer for desktop? If yes then please specify a good one from this site- https://www.flipkart.com/
(Note- I am already using an Antec bronze rated psu)

Solution
Psu and mobo vrm are useless against brownouts. These rely on having enough voltage in the first place. Surge protection is the opposite of what is needed. That's for high voltage, the issue is low voltage. A basic ups like the one you have helps with the little things but the issue you are having is much more serious and it can't handle it. You should look for something made specifically for that use, a power conditioner.

Electronics, especially computers, are more susceptible to voltage instability. It has nothing to do with modern tech, but rather line voltage usually isn't an issue in most countries. You won't find people using voltage stabilizers for other appliances in most countries either. They'd be useless.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
To be honest the PSU and the VRMs on your motherboard should be controlling voltage, and that's why there are almost no voltage stabilizers for PCs, because modern day PC components already do it for you.

Perhaps it's worth investing in a different PSU? How many power phases are on your motherboard? The fact that you're actually losing components due to unstable voltage values tells me that your PSU is likely the culprit here.

EDIT: Just because a PSU is rated 80+ bronze or not doesn't mean its components are quality. There are many products that are 80+ bronze that could potentially ruin your entire system. What is the specific power supply?

Linkin_1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2017

It's only 30 days old Antec VP550P (tier3) psu. I don't think psu is causing problem because I faced the same problem in previous psu and I changed that because I thought the psu is causing voltage problems but its still persist in new one. I gave my old psu to a friend and its working flawlessly in his house.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

Does your UPS have surge protection then? Surge protection should at least help enough to not fry your components.

Linkin_1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2017

This is my UPS - http://www.vguard.in/product-details/sesto-1000

Psu and mobo vrm are useless against brownouts. These rely on having enough voltage in the first place. Surge protection is the opposite of what is needed. That's for high voltage, the issue is low voltage. A basic ups like the one you have helps with the little things but the issue you are having is much more serious and it can't handle it. You should look for something made specifically for that use, a power conditioner.

Electronics, especially computers, are more susceptible to voltage instability. It has nothing to do with modern tech, but rather line voltage usually isn't an issue in most countries. You won't find people using voltage stabilizers for other appliances in most countries either. They'd be useless.

Solution

Linkin_1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2017

Can I use a Refrigerator/ tv/ Ac voltage stabilizer for pc? is yes then please suggest one from - www.flipkart.com