Feb 4, 2020
Hey guys, first overclock here!
I'm quite noob so I might have done something wrong.
I have an i5 4690k with 3.50 Ghz stock.
I saw that OC genie set the default cpu ratio to 40, so i started from there ... I managed to get to 44 with stable results.
I turned up a notch to 45 and 1.25 V.
In the beggining it was stable, as I ran the AIDA 64 stress test for 12 minutes and values seem stable with temperatures hitting a max of 67 under stress.
However after 2 hours of gaming I got a bluescreen, so I decided to turn the voltege up a little to 1.26.
It worked so far, but I have another problem! In the AIDA 64 app, when I stress the CPU the voltage value goes way beyond 1.26!! (the value set manually in the BIOS) reaching 1.288 V and temperatures high as 76 degrees.
[I checked the bios settings and I have the CPU voltage mode on Adaptive and I can't find any settings about Offset!]

My motherboard is an old z97 gaming 7.

Help!

Solution
Its normal. Some underestimate and some overestimate voltage. A 0.02V isn't a big deal and as long as your temps are under 85C, you are good. Its at 95+C when you should be worried and even then the CPU will just shut down at 100C to prevent damage.
Its normal. Some underestimate and some overestimate voltage. A 0.02V isn't a big deal and as long as your temps are under 85C, you are good. Its at 95+C when you should be worried and even then the CPU will just shut down at 100C to prevent damage.

Solution