[SOLVED] Voltage

Dec 18, 2021
Was wondering if 1.424 v is high for my cpu. I’m sitting in my bios and it says 1.424. Ryzen 5800x I’m having issues with temps I have a liquid cooler h100i elite. My temp is 46c while sitting in the bios
Mobo: Rog strix b550-f

Solution
Up to 1.5V is common with a properly set up, and especially stock, Ryzen 5000 processor. But AMD has said it's not unexpected to see it hit even higher than that if it's a really 'chilly' CPU.

Totally agree, only undervolt Ryzen 5000 CPU's using Curve Optimizer. Many people do undervolt using VCore offsets but that generally ends up hurting performance... so it's a generally a bad idea. It's called 'clock compression', when it's reporting high clock speeds still but not actually achieving them in use. It happens when the CPU can't get the voltage it's requesting so it pulls back performance to maintain stability.
Was wondering if 1.424 v is high for my cpu. I’m sitting in my bios and it says 1.424. Ryzen 5800x I’m having issues with temps I have a liquid cooler h100i elite. My temp is 46c while sitting in the bios
Mobo: Rog strix b550-f
Temp while in the BIOS is not important. it's neither in power saving mode nor doing much.
Temps to look for are at idle and specially under normal and full load.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Ryzen CPUs are notorious for Overvolting Core voltage at default.
1.424V is high and should be reduced to 1.375V which will have significant reduction in temperature when system is under load. Some go even lower and still maintain stability.

Your H100i should cope with your 5800X at stock frequency however there would be little margin for any Overclock. The more Core voltage the more heat generated and it works exponentially.

You can also change from Turbo boost frequency (on by default) to an all core Overclock at 4.5GHz for further reduction in temperature.

Reactions: AlexA0499
Dec 18, 2021
Ryzen CPUs are notorious for Overvolting Core voltage at default.
1.424V is high and should be reduced to 1.375V which will have significant reduction in temperature when system is under load. Some go even lower and still maintain stability.

Your H100i should cope with your 5800X at stock frequency however there would be little margin for any Overclock. The more Core voltage the more heat generated and it works exponentially.

You can also change from Turbo boost frequency (on by default) to an all core Overclock at 4.5GHz for further reduction in temperature.

I tried lowering in the bios I got it to 1.39 after I saved my pc wouldn’t boot so I removed cmos battery and waited was gunna run a bench test but don’t know what to do now lol

Up to 1.5V is common with a properly set up, and especially stock, Ryzen 5000 processor. But AMD has said it's not unexpected to see it hit even higher than that if it's a really 'chilly' CPU.

Totally agree, only undervolt Ryzen 5000 CPU's using Curve Optimizer. Many people do undervolt using VCore offsets but that generally ends up hurting performance... so it's a generally a bad idea. It's called 'clock compression', when it's reporting high clock speeds still but not actually achieving them in use. It happens when the CPU can't get the voltage it's requesting so it pulls back performance to maintain stability.

Solution