[SOLVED] Voltages problem

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
Hello.

Today I changed my cpu cooler from stock to Hyper 212 Evo (I5 2500K)

I am experiencing very bad voltage problems.

In games, the voltage stays at 0.968 or sum like that which results into lag spikes. Once it reaches 1.256V the lag spikes stop and the game runs smooth.

I need your help!

Solution
If this has only happened since replacing your cooler, try a different fan. Perhaps the PWM is messed up on the fan. Or remount the cooler and tighten only until ever so slightly after you feel it start to tighten, a few strange things can happen when a cooler is too tight.

Armoredhound

Reputable
Jun 25, 2020
So, I did the absolute same as you told me to @John Chesterfield. I removed the battery, left it away for like 1 minute, pressed the power button for several seconds, and then placed the battery back in.

Tho there is no change. The voltages and core speed jump between 1.5ghz 2.5ghz and 3.5 ghz for the time of 1 second. I need help asap!

If this has only happened since replacing your cooler, try a different fan. Perhaps the PWM is messed up on the fan. Or remount the cooler and tighten only until ever so slightly after you feel it start to tighten, a few strange things can happen when a cooler is too tight.

Solution